BCDC exists to Rebuild, Repair and Restore lives and Communities.
Beraca Community Development Organization (BCDC) is a 501c3 nonprofit established in 2001 and has been serving in the US and Haiti ever since. After the 2010 earthquake, BCDC opened its first office in Leogane, the epicenter of the earthquake believing that God shines the brightest where it is darkest. Since then BCDC expanded across Haiti with offices in Port Au Prince, Leogane, Port Salut (Les Caye), and Jeremie.
They have provided:
- Training for over 2300 pastors and leaders,
- Created over 5000 jobs via microloans and motorcycle taxis,
- Provided medical care for over 50,000 through mobile medical clinics.
- Distributed over 18,000 bags of food.
- Provided Mental Health First Aid to over 600 affected by unfortunate circumstances.
BCDC has provided relief and restoration for every natural disaster in the last 10 years: The 2010 Earthquake, Hurricane Sandy in 2012, Hurricane Matthew in 2016, COVID-19 in 2020-2021, and with your help BCDC will provide relief for the recent earthquake and Hurricane Grace.
Strategically located, BCDC has 2 offices nearby the hardest-hit areas: Port Salut (Les Cayes) and Jeremie. This gives us proximity to those who are most affected by these tragedies. We also have a network of 1700 churches in that region which are used as distribution hubs and training centers to expedite relief to the victims. It is also ideal, given the current climate of gang violence that prohibits travel from the north. BCDC can easily receive wired funds directly to our offices to facilitate the ongoing rescue and relief efforts, purchase food, water, medicine and other supplies that are desperately needed.
BCDC is recognized and reputable: it received its Minister of Social Activity 2013 and its NGO status in Haiti in 2019. Your tax-deductible donation will help save lives.
Please donate now through Zelle at email@example.com or via Checks payable to:
Beraca Community Development Corporation
mail to 9602 Flatlands Ave, Brooklyn NY 112356
Time is of the essence.
Beraca is a drop off Hub site:
9602 Flatlands Ave Brooklyn NY 11236.
Priorities (Phase 1)
7. Toiletries & Hygiene Products
8. New or clean used Clothing
Priorities (Phase 2)
2. Building Materials & Supplies
3. Mission Trips with Contractors, Builders, and helpers to work side by side with locals